Chief Executive Officer
Parker County Center of Hope offers life-changing programs to the residents of our community. Supported by a diverse group of churches, businesses, community organizations and individuals, Center of Hope is a beacon for families in need and a place where thousands of volunteers serve their neighbors each year. The Board of Directors has appointed a Transition Task Force to begin the search for a new Chief Executive Officer, upon the announcement of the retirement of longtime CEO, Paula Robinson. This individual will serve as the leader of an organization that has deep roots in the community and is widely respected by donors, volunteers, community leaders and nonprofit professionals. The Task Force is seeking an individual with the following qualifications:
• Demonstrated leadership in nonprofit management, fundraising and fund development
• Experience in financial management, budgeting and accounting
• Strong organizational skills; working knowledge of human resources, team building and people management
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; experience in public speaking and group presentations
• Established experience working with volunteers and community organizations, including work with a volunteer board of directors and committees
- Provide oversite for Center administration in all areas.
- Support operations and administration of the Board of Directors by advising and informing board members and interfacing between board and staff.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff; and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Recommend annual operating budget for board approval and prudently manage organization's resources within approved budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
- Effectively manage the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Assure the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee fund development planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and assuring the administration of fundraising records and documentation.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization's work.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments, best practices and trends in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience relevant to the position
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency; legally authorized to work in the US
- Five or more years of leadership experience in the nonprofit field
- Knowledgeable of financial management, budgets and accounting
- Demonstrated achievement in fundraising and resource development
- Strong leadership with demonstrated organizational skills
- High personal and professional ethical standards
- Self-starter who initiates and completes complex projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work with a team to achieve a common goal; comfortable working with individuals from all backgrounds
- Proficient in computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Actively involved in a Christian church